Thursday, June 3, 2010

Erika and Katie at L'Ecole Française du Maine

Erika and I have been working at L’Ecole Française du Maine for a little over three weeks. Here is what they have to say about the experience:


It has been quite the experience. The children have taught me more than what I expected. I have learned to laugh at myself when I am with the kids, and I hope they have learned something from me in return. They have accepted two brand new strangers with open arms, which to me shows strong character that each and every one of them possesses. - Katie


My time here at L’Ecole Française has been eye opening. The children never cease to amaze me with their abilities. Through my interactions with the kids, my understanding of French has improved. I have learned more from them than I thought was possible. The students and teachers have been accepting and helpful in my attempt to learn French. I am grateful that I was given the chance to come to L’Ecole Française, and I look forward to coming back to visit. - Erika